TWIN LAKES GOLF CLUB
SUPERINTENDENT POSITION OPEN
Twin Lakes Golf Club is a semi-private 18-hole golf course located between the tourist areas of Norfork and Bull Shoals Lakes in Mountain Home, AR. The established golf course is primarily Bermuda grass fairways and bent grass greens.
- Supervise crew on daily maintenance operations
- Plan and implement short- and long-term goals for the staff and golf course
- Hire and train new personnel to a high standard and conduct monthly safety meetings
- Experienced in cool season and warm season grasses in the transition zone
- Experienced in soil testing, mowing, irrigation, turf grass weed control, IPM and identification of turf grass diseases, syringing greens
- Extensive experience in aerification, verticutting, topdressing, quad tinning and slicing
- Renovation of greens, bunkers and drainage to USGA specifications
- Experience with operation and repair of Rain Bird Irrigation system and WI FI System
- Pesticide license and able to apply all fungicides, herbicides, pesticides and granular/foliar fertilizers
- Other Responsibilities Include: budgeting, record keeping, course setup, all chemical and fertilization applications, calibrating and operating all golf course equipment
- Key Requirements
- Deep golf course supervision and management experience
- Hands-on leader with high attention to detail
- Ability to plan the work and work the plan
- Pesticide license
- Irrigation and mechanical maintenance experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Valid driver’s license
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Negotiable
- Golf Course privileges, paid vacation, sick days and health care allowance provided
- Furnish Resume and References on Request
Contact Ken Armstrong at 870-656-2293
Springdale Country Club
Assistant Superintendent Position
Springdale Country Club is a privately member owned 18-hole golf course and country club. The facility is located 5 minutes from Fayetteville, AR and 15 minutes from the university. The golf course is primarily all bermudagrass with the exception to bentgrass greens. In late fall to early spring months, new construction of greens and improvements to the irrigation system will be taking place.
- Reports directly to Golf Course Superintendent
- Assists in supervising maintenance staff
- Assists in preparing daily, weekly, and monthly work schedules
- Provide inputs into the planning and managing of the annual budget
- Recordkeeping for chemical/fertilizer applications and inventory
- Assist in all routine jobs
- Lead irrigation and pump repairs
- 2-4 year degree in turf science or agronomy or 3 plus years of golf course experience
- Ability to obtain a pesticide license
- Hands – on leader with high attention to detail
- Construction and irrigation installation a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- $32,000 - $38,000 DOE
- Clubhouse lunch provided
Please contact Ethan Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-426-8033 with any questions. Send resume and cover letter to above email address.
Shadow valley Country Club is searching for an Assistant Superintendent
Shadow Valley Country Club is an 18-hole private club in NW Arkansas. The golf course is laid out on a beautiful piece of rolling land that features L-93 bentgrass greens, Meyer zoysia fairways and all other grounds are bermudagrass. The maintenance crew maintains all grounds including parks, pool area, tennis, main entrance and clubhouse areas.
-Assist in crew management and scheduling
-Have working knowledge of irrigation repair and scheduling
-Must be able to ID pest problems
-Will perform pesticide and fertilizer applications
-Must be a hands on leader
-2-4 year degree in turf or agronomy is preferred or 3-5 years of golf course experience
-Obtain pesticide license within 60 days
-Valid driver’s license
Salary and benefits
$500 allowance in pro shop
50% of meals at clubhouse
Please e-mail resumes or questions to Jason Ward at email@example.com
Eagle Creek Golf Club is looking for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Eagle Creek Golf Club is a resort golf club in Southwest Missouri. The course is operated by the Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma. The golf course was originally designed by Don Sechrest in 1975. The course has gone thought many course improvements. Sone of the renovations include New IC Rain bird irrigation system, new Watertronics Pump station, new Bunkers with Better Bill Bunker system and white sand, All new Tee Complexes, and many other smaller construction projects.
The Assistant will work closely with the Golf Course Superintendent to plan out daily tasks. They will also be involved with fertilizer/pesticide applications, irrigation system and repairs, and willing to take on leadership role running the crew. This is a hands on job with many learning experiences.
Bachelor or Associates Degree in Agronomy or related field.
Previous golf course experience of 3-5 years.
Should have excellent organizational and communication skills
Must have experience operation a wide variety of maintenance equipment
Have a Missouri Pesticide License or be able to obtain on in 60 days
Health Insurance, with eye and dental
Free lunch daily while on duty
Yearly Salary DOE
Eagle Creek Golf Club
417-317-8138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bella Vista Country Club (BVCC), located in Bella Vista, Arkansas, is looking for an Assistant Superintendent. Bella Vista is a part of the Northwest Arkansas (NWA) Region which consists of the growing economies of Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville. BVCC, located in the Ozark Mountains, is one of six courses within the Bella Vista Property Owner’s Association (POA). Aside from golf courses, the POA has 7 lakes, 40 miles of mountain biking/hiking trails, swimming pools, a gun range, rec and tennis centers, and much more!
The Assistant Superintendent must be highly motivated and be able to lead by example. Our goal, at BVCC, is to improve playing conditions on a consistent basis through team efficiency, strong leadership, commitment and dedication. While the assistant position can be demanding at times, we strive to have a work/life balance so we can enjoy all of the amenities Bella Vista and NWA have to offer.
The Assistant Superintendent position at BVCC is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in the turfgrass industry. This position will work closely with the Superintendent and he/she will be a part of managerial duties, such as, chemical and fertilizer applications, crew management, water management, and budget management. This position is perfect for someone who wants to learn and prepare themselves for their first Superintendent Job.
- Teachable and the willingness to learn
- Career and goal oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Highly motivated
- Bentgrass greens experience in the transition zone
- Ability to obtain a pesticide license within 90 Days
- Golf privileges
- Access to POA amenities
- Uniform allowance
- Health and Dental Insurance
- GCSAA and local chapter dues
- $16.00 to $21.00/HR Plus Overtime: Based on Experience
- 40 Hours Guaranteed in the Winter Months
Interested Candidates Please email a cover letter and resume to Rob Dreesen: BVCC Class A Golf Course Superintendent email@example.com
Stump Gringing Services
Ads for job openings and equipment for sale are free to members. To have an ad posted just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ad worded exactly how you want it to appear. Your ad should appear the next day. It's that easy!